gomp-discuss

Re: [Gomp-discuss] GOMP Requirements v1.1

From: Lars Segerlund
Subject: Re: [Gomp-discuss] GOMP Requirements v1.1
Date: Fri, 12 Nov 2004 12:07:13 +0100

 What you say might generally be true, but not if performance considerations
are taken into account, on a NUMA system for example.

 Also if you have a look at the intel openMP compiler it certainly takes the
architecture of the target in mind, generate some code for a single proc multi
threading processor and a SMP multiproc, any differances ?

 Anyhow I don't think it's very relevant for the implementation at this time,
since it's a long way to go before we reach the point at which we can start to
worry about details like that even if it's quite relevant.

 / regards, Lars Segerlund.