gpsd-dev

Re: [gpsd-dev] Half the port problems are solved; seeking help with RTCM

From: Eric S. Raymond
Subject: Re: [gpsd-dev] Half the port problems are solved; seeking help with RTCM2 driver
Date: Sat, 21 Apr 2012 01:42:55 -0400

Bernd Zeimetz <address@hidden>:
> Almost all architectures have built the new gpsd upload now. Indeed the
> italk/trimble and ublox issues are fixed and the najoks + rtcm2 tests still
> fail.

As I expected.

According to your log, we now have failure only on s390, s390x, and sparc.
I guess that means there are big-endian machines on which the RTCM2 driver
is working as expected?  (It would be helpful if I had a complete list of the
architectures on which regression tests are passing.)

If so, that is good news.  It means the big-endian version of the weird
structure-overlay hack I used is working.  In turn, that means that
the only failures are machines for which the compilers ignore #pragma pack(1).

I know in a general way how to fix this, but the details will be ugly
and difficult.