gpsd-dev

Re: [gpsd-dev] PPS over USB

From: Chris Kuethe
Subject: Re: [gpsd-dev] PPS over USB
Date: Wed, 2 May 2012 14:37:04 -0700

On Wed, May 2, 2012 at 2:24 PM, Gary E. Miller <address@hidden> wrote:
> I see code in the uBlox driver to the handle single sat time case, but
> it looks a little off to me.  When in time mode it sets 3D mode which
> seems odd if time mode is single sat.

Only a little odd. In timing mode you've effectively promised the
receiver that the antenna isn't going to be moving, and it knows what
its position is, so it only has one unknown to solve for. It seems
fair to for the receiver to say "assuming that i'm still at
-2690516.79m -4303200.43m +3850231.53m, the time must be ... now"