gpsd-dev

[gpsd-dev] Encode AIVDM messages

From: address@hidden
Subject: [gpsd-dev] Encode AIVDM messages
Date: Tue, 23 Jul 2013 17:27:14 +0200

Hallo,

i have three open questions at the moment:

1.) I do not see, where the channel information is stored. So, at the moment, all messages are tagged with channel 'A' a source. This info is also available in nearly all ais related n2K messages (in info i used, it is missing only in the message 24, but this could be an error of the documentation). or is there an easy way to and such a variable without breaking client compatibility?

2.) The sequence counter for the splited messages should be on a per client base. Where can i place such a variable.

3.) The third question is the extraction of the vendor id from the message 24b. The current code extract them as seven 6bit chars, but ITU-R M.1371-4 says, this field is build from three 6bit chars, a 4 bit wide number, and a 20 bit wide possibly binary coded serial number.

I would feel a bit more confortable with a release in week 32.

Reinhard