gpsd-dev

Re: [gpsd-dev] Possible error report

From: Eric S. Raymond
Subject: Re: [gpsd-dev] Possible error report
Date: Thu, 7 Nov 2013 23:04:36 -0500

Sanjeev Gupta <address@hidden>:
> My reason for getting a GR601-W, and trying to run git head, was to use the
> new gpsmon feature that indicates if 1PP is working.  Is there a
> replacement for gpsmon that can provide a quick check?

The flapping only affects the reporting panels at the top of the
screen; it doesn't affect the PPS display, which is in the packet
window.  Look for lines scrolling by in the packet window that look
like this:

If the flapping bothers you, just unplug the GPS to drop it back to
plain-ASCII mode, then plug it back in.  PPS display will be available
in either mode.