gpsd-dev

[gpsd-dev] gpsd-time-service-howto.txt and 3.11

From: Gary E. Miller
Subject: [gpsd-dev] gpsd-time-service-howto.txt and 3.11
Date: Fri, 3 Jan 2014 16:36:38 -0800

Yo All!

I made a few tweaks to the gpsd-time-service-howto.txt but it is
looking good to me,  Of course that will change as soon as a newbie
reads it and gets confused.

There is one serious structural cange I'd like to make.  The ntpd
setion talks about starting ntpd before it talks about configuring
ntpd.  Anyone following along step by step will need to loop back
to get good results.  I propose getting that section in a more linear
order.

OTOH, I had to make any structural changes if 3.11 is near.  Are we held
up on the chrpath thing?  Otherwise evertyhing looks good to me.

RGDS
GARY
        address@hidden  Tel:+1(541)382-8588