gpsd-dev

Re: [gpsd-dev] 3.11 release is imminent

From: Eric S. Raymond
Subject: Re: [gpsd-dev] 3.11 release is imminent
Date: Thu, 22 May 2014 06:33:00 -0400

Bernd Zeimetz <address@hidden>:
> On some arches we have regression test failures:
>
> armel test/daemon/GPSmap-76S.log.chk
> kfreebsd-i386 test/daemon/bt451.log.chk
> mips test/daemon/et-332.log.chk
> powerpc ./test/sample.aivdm.chk
> ppc64 ./test/sample.aivdm.chk
> s390x test/daemon/haicom-305N.log.chk
> sparc ./test/sample.aivdm.chk
>
> Compard with 3.9, the aivdm issues are still the same, but the other failures
> are new.
> Logs are linked at
> https://buildd.debian.org/status/logs.php?pkg=gpsd
> in the result column.

I've solved one group of these, a minor build problem on the Hurd.

It looks like all the AIVDM failures are in in one place - processing
of the trailing binary payload in AIS type 6 in structured messages.
Having stared at the code I now think these regression failures are
spurious and can be banished by zeroing some storage before the
packet parse. I've done that.

Please run another set of tests with the repository head version.