gpsd-dev

[gpsd-dev] Another glitch: TCP device open error

From: Hal Murray
Subject: [gpsd-dev] Another glitch: TCP device open error
Date: Sun, 25 Jan 2015 14:28:36 -0800

What does this mean?  I assume it's just a quirk in the test harness.

Processing test/daemon/tcp-test.log
Processing test/daemon/superstar2.log
Processing test/daemon/tcp-test.log
Processing test/daemon/tcp-test.log
gpsd:ERROR: TCP device open error can't connect to host/port pair.
gpsd:ERROR: tcp://127.0.0.1:49194: device activation failed.
Regression test successful: no errors in 15 tests (0 not found).
Elapsed time: 27
Testing the daemon...

Note that it doesn't get counted as an error.

That's from the output of a hunt-for-trouble script that I run to hammer on
tcp-test.log since it was the test that caused the most troubles with timing
glitches.

I've seen it on both NetBSD and FreeBSD.

On FreeBSD, it happens only occasionally.

On NetBSD, I haven't seen it on a 32 bit system and it seems solid on a 64
bit system.  (The 64 bit system has to run in slow mode, so I don't have a
lot of data.  My memory may be flaky.)

--
These are my opinions.  I hate spam.