gpsd-dev

Re: [gpsd-dev] test failure with head

From: Greg Troxel
Subject: Re: [gpsd-dev] test failure with head
Date: Sun, 25 Jan 2015 19:21:15 -0500

"Eric S. Raymond" <address@hidden> writes:

> Greg Troxel <address@hidden>:
>>
>> Matrix-algebra regression test succeeded
>> scons: *** [/usr/y0/bin/gpsfake] /usr/y0/bin/gpsfake: Permission denied
>> scons: building terminated because of errors.
>>
>> so /usr/y0/bin is in my PATH, but testing should be using explicit paths
>> From the build directory, because it will be typical for an older,
>> perhaps stable, version to be installed.
>
> I am not clear what change you are recommending?

It is a bug for a build script to invoke a program that is part of gpsd
by other than a fully-qualified path to where the obj version of it is
built by the build process.   It seems that "gpsfake -T' is being
invoked without the full path, and it's finding the gpsfake that's
installed from a production build of gpsd, or some old build, or
whatever.

The fix was obvious; I just pushed it after verifying that it works.

You really should take . out of your PATH.....