gpsd-dev

Re: [gpsd-dev] small test fixes just pushed

From: Greg Troxel
Subject: Re: [gpsd-dev] small test fixes just pushed
Date: Mon, 26 Jan 2015 08:35:52 -0500

Hal Murray <address@hidden> writes:

>> I just pushed a change to gpsfake to print out both sys.platform and
>> platform.platform().  (It turns out fake.py was keying off sys.platform
>> while platform.platform() was being printed.)
>
> Did that cause this on a Fedora system?
>
> from scons check:
> ./test_matrix --quiet
> Matrix-algebra regression test succeeded
> scons: *** [/usr/local/bin/gpsfake] /usr/local/bin/gpsfake: Permission denied
> scons: building terminated because of errors.

That has nothing to do with sys.platform and platform.platform().
> ./test_matrix --quiet
> Install file: "gpsfake" as "/usr/local/bin/gpsfake"
> ./gpsfake -T; ./regress-driver test/daemon/*.log

> Is it a bug or feature that scons install doesn't install gpscat, gpsprof, or
> gpsfake?

I would tend to think it's a feature, unless there is a way to run the
tests from the installed bits w/o the sources.

However, it is 100% a bug for anything in the build or install to link
against or execute anything gpsd-related that isn't in the source
directory.    This is what I fixed; gpsfake was being run without a
fully-qualified path.  Now is uses $SRCDIR, just like the other
inovacations.

If you're still seeing this, it means I didn't fix all the instances of
this bug.