gpsd-dev

Re: [gpsd-dev] Hang found and fixed ... I think.

From: Hal Murray
Subject: Re: [gpsd-dev] Hang found and fixed ... I think.
Date: Thu, 29 Jan 2015 11:09:32 -0800

I left it running last night.

This morning, gpsmon was stalled.  There was an error message up top.  I
should have written it down and/or grabbed the time from the display.  It was
something about TSIP.  After I poked return, it exited with "Driver type
switch failed".

I'm guessing it got half of a SiRF binary message and didn't like it.  If so,
whatever is dropping whole messages (as in the log sample I sent a few
messages ago) is probably dropping fractions of a message too.

--
These are my opinions.  I hate spam.