gpsd-dev

Re: [gpsd-dev] regression tests blow up on os x 10.9 with shm issues

From: Eric S. Raymond
Subject: Re: [gpsd-dev] regression tests blow up on os x 10.9 with shm issues
Date: Thu, 12 Feb 2015 10:48:09 -0500

Hal Murray <address@hidden>:

> address@hidden said:
> > I think something went wrong with my attempt to set a non-default shm
> > segment for testing.  Possibly I happened to pick a key that is in use by
> > a service on your system.
>
> The gpsctl -R line doesn't have the GPSD_SHM_KEY set.

Well, hell.

What a difference one letter can make.  Turns out I poked that into 'envs',
the scons build variable dictionary, when I wanted 'env', which means
what you think it does.

Fix pushed.  That ought to improve matters a lot.

>  My testing got more
> interesting after I changed that line to:
>
>             'echo "Foo $GPSD_SHM_KEY"; GPSD_SHM_KEY=0x47505345 $SRCDIR/gpsctl
> -R 2>/dev/null; $SRCDIR/gpsfake -T; $SRCDIR/regress-driver $REGRESSOPTS
> test/daemon/*.log')
>
> >From scons check:
>
> Matrix-algebra regression test succeeded
> echo "Foo "; GPSD_SHM_KEY=0x47505345 ./gpsctl -R 2>/dev/null; ./gpsfake -T;
> ./regress-driver test/daemon/*.log
> Foo
> sys linux2 platform Linux-3.18.5-201.fc21.i686-i686-with-fedora-21-Twenty_One:
>  WRITE_PAD = 0.00000

Note something about how you modified the command.  GPSD_HOME_KEY
will be in the environment of gpsctl -R but not the regress-driver call.
That might explain a lot.

Try cleaning up the dangling segments, then running scons check with my
latest patch in.  That will put the non-default GPSD_SHM_KEY in
regress-driver's environment, too, which should help.