gpsd-dev

Re: [gpsd-dev] regression tests blow up on os x 10.9 with shm issues

From: Greg Troxel
Subject: Re: [gpsd-dev] regression tests blow up on os x 10.9 with shm issues
Date: Fri, 13 Feb 2015 09:42:26 -0500

"Eric S. Raymond" <address@hidden> writes:

>> I am seeing one leftover shm segment after running tests.  Not a huge
>> problem, but really there should not be any.
>
> I can think of a good reason for one to be left over. Apparently shmctl(2)
> marks segments for deletion but it's up to the kernel to decide when the
> memory is actually garbage-collected - that's what the man page description
> implies, anyway.

NetBSD man page says:

     IPC_RMID   Remove the shared memory segment specified by shmid and
                destroy the data associated with it.  Only the super-user or a
                process with an effective uid equal to the shm_perm.cuid or
                shm_perm.uid values in the data structure associated with the
                segment can do this.

which matches
  http://pubs.opengroup.org/onlinepubs/9699919799/functions/shmctl.html

but my latest run did not leave one lying around.  So maybe this was
just one odd test that got fixed.