gpsd-dev

[gpsd-dev] Please test with WRITE_PAD zeroed

From: Eric S. Raymond
Subject: [gpsd-dev] Please test with WRITE_PAD zeroed
Date: Sat, 14 Feb 2015 15:45:18 -0500 (EST)

I wrote:
>I believe I have successfully solved the two peculiar problems Hal Murray
>has been reporting.

One of the solutions implies that it may in fact be possible to do
away with WRITE_PAD entirely; the counter-evidence was from running a
atale version of a shared library.

Please try:

WRITE_PAD=0.0 scons gps-regress

and let me know whether or not you get hang-timeout messages.

[President Clinton] boasts about 186,000 people denied firearms under
the Brady Law rules.  The Brady Law has been in force for three years.  In
that time, they have prosecuted seven people and put three of them in
prison.  You know, the President has entertained more felons than that at
fundraising coffees in the White House, for Pete's sake."
        -- Charlton Heston, FOX News Sunday, 18 May 1997