gpsd-dev

Re: [gpsd-dev] Issue with GPSD always returning the same lat long

From: Sanjeev Gupta
Subject: Re: [gpsd-dev] Issue with GPSD always returning the same lat long
Date: Thu, 16 Jul 2015 11:48:49 +0800

On Wed, Jul 15, 2015 at 3:03 AM, <address@hidden> wrote:

The problem is that I get what seems to be good coordinates but I do gps_rec.read every 500msec and always get the exact same coordinates !

If I restart my application, I get a new set of coordinates with the slight variation we can always expect… but again, each 500msecs, that new coordinate is always exactly the same.

I use the C++ code sample provided here. (http://www.catb.org/gpsd/client-howto.html#_c_examples_2)

In the:
            PROCESS(newdata);
part of the sample loop, what structure elements are you looking at?

--
Sanjeev Gupta
+65 98551208     http://www.linkedin.com/in/ghane