gpsd-dev

Re: [gpsd-dev] Draft Stratum 1 Microserver HOWTO is up

From: Mike
Subject: Re: [gpsd-dev] Draft Stratum 1 Microserver HOWTO is up
Date: Mon, 6 Jun 2016 16:57:04 -0400

On 06/06/2016 04:33 PM, Eric S. Raymond wrote:
Mike <address@hidden>:
Okay.  I still maintain ddimage is broken following the text.
I guess I'm too close to the text to see it. What's the problem,
exactly?

"It will do some safety checks, then generate unzip and ddcfldd commands like the above."

^^^^

That sentence implies to me as a user reading the text that ddimage is going to unzip the file then ddcfldd it to my device.

If I've unziped the img file all is well, if not, I get something like this.

address@hidden:/home/mike/Downloads# ./ddimage sdc
Checking /dev/sdc
/dev/sdc exists as a storage device.
/dev/sdc is not mounted
ls: cannot access *img: No such file or directory
Copying ...
dcfldd:: No such file or directory
Done
address@hidden:/home/mike/Downloads#

I get what is happening. Will the target user? It is explained in the manual steps. Then the above referenced sentence says ddimage will handle it for me.

Also just saw this looking back again.

Your ddimage command execution should look like this:

# ddimage sdd

# ./ddimage sdd

Mike