gpsd-dev

Re: [gpsd-dev] gpsd doesn't terminate but crash with a SIGINT.

From: Gary E. Miller
Subject: Re: [gpsd-dev] gpsd doesn't terminate but crash with a SIGINT.
Date: Thu, 16 Jun 2016 13:31:55 -0700

Yo Nuno!

On Thu, 16 Jun 2016 20:42:47 +0100
Nuno Gonçalves <address@hidden> wrote:

> > where /dev/ttyXX oes not exist but /dev/ttyS0 does.  Right now it
> > silently daemonizes with just /dev/ttyS0.  Maybe it should also
> > exit?
> I think it should exit.

Agreed then.  Probably should be vocal abot why it exits.

> I start gpsd with a single TCP device and if the connection eventually
> fails GPSD complains but never recovers:
>
> gpsd:DATA: tcp://127.0.0.1:8999 returned zero bytes
> gpsd:DATA: tcp://127.0.0.1:8999 will be repolled in 0.010000 seconds

I think the tcp keeps retrying?  If so we should let it keep retrying.
Might be a network outage that recovers.

> The exact same thing with some catrastrofic error, like unplugging a
> USB-serial adapter:

Yeah, that should be fatal.  No way to recover as gpsd dropped root.

> If you can give me some light I can try to make a patch.

I'm gonna stay focused on a few other things for a while. PPS, Skytraq,
GPGGA, some doc things.  Send patches if you feel inspired.

RGDS
GARY
        address@hidden  Tel:+1 541 382 8588