gpsd-dev

Re: [gpsd-dev] ntpshmmon

From: Nuno Gonçalves
Subject: Re: [gpsd-dev] ntpshmmon
Date: Thu, 16 Jun 2016 23:23:07 +0100

Hi,

Thanks. This works fine for me. Just a question: the usleep value is a
tradeoff between activation frequency and print latency. Since this is
a monitoring tool, do we need to activate it a 1KHz? I wouldn't see a
problem of runing it at 10Hz or even 1Hz. For the user it doesn't
really matter if the results are printed with 100ms or 1s delay...

What are the weird data you are looking? Cycle misses? Delays above a
threshold? Delays that are statistically inconsistent?

Thanks,
Nuno