gpsd-dev

Re: [gpsd-dev] Need p/d help with gpsd and or gps HW - no response after

From: Steve Lang
Subject: Re: [gpsd-dev] Need p/d help with gpsd and or gps HW - no response after gps polling
Date: Mon, 8 Aug 2016 18:39:45 -0500

We found out what was causing the problem. It appears to be user
error. User was executing:

gpsmon /dev/gpsd0 while gpsd was running.

ls -al /dev/gpsd0
/dev/gpsd0 -> ttyAMA0

I informed user that 2 programs can not access the same serial port at
the same time.

Once user stopped doing this the problem stopped,

Regards,

--Steve