gpsd-dev

[gpsd-dev] extension for navdata

From: Oleg Roitburd
Subject: [gpsd-dev] extension for navdata
Date: Tue, 30 Oct 2018 13:06:47 +0100

Hi all,

I found an email still from July 2018
(http://lists.nongnu.org/archive/html/gpsd-dev/2018-07/msg00016.html)
in which it was spoken about extension for instrument data in n2k. I
think it's a good idea, but I think it's missing in nmea0183 as well.
I looked at gps.h and driver_nmea0183.c and found only DBT handling.

1) Where I think Depth doesn't belong to attitude but to navdata (
navdata.depth & navdata.depth_offset). Would that be correct from your
point of view? If yes, then DPT, DBK would also be well accommodated
there.

2) Wind: A field is still needed in navdata_t. There are True (T) and
Apparent (A) Wind. You have to distinguish them. I don't know what
data type would be better then enum? char? Your suggestion?

Then you could start to implement the corresponding NMEA sequences
Comments are always welcome

Regards
Oleg