gpsd-dev

Re: [gpsd-dev] extension for navdata

From: Gary E. Miller
Subject: Re: [gpsd-dev] extension for navdata
Date: Sat, 3 Nov 2018 15:25:17 -0700

Yo Oleg!

On Fri, 2 Nov 2018 04:28:59 +0100
Oleg Roitburd <address@hidden> wrote:

> > What NMEA did you remove?  That is data too.  I'd like as raw
> > as possible, minus the AIS.  Otherwise looks good.
>
> done. In Attachment

Good. Thank you!  I added your file to the regression tests.

Of course the new NMEA sentences do not output anything into the
check file yet, but they will.

> > I'll work at getting the missing decodes onto catb.org

The decodes are now on the NMEA page in git.  They be on the live
web after the nexxt web update.

> Where would you place the data? In navdata_t?

Good question.  How often do these update?  Every second?  Every minute?

Maybe best to start with just listing the data you expect to decode from
the new sample file.  Plus expected ranges, units, period between
data, etc.

> If yes, would you change processingDBT as an example?

No matter yes, or no, that would be a good sample to start with.

You can do most of the decode, and output the decoded data into
gpsd_log().  Until then, no need to have a place for it.

> Then I can try to contribute, too.

And thank you for that!

RGDS
GARY