gpsd-dev

Re: [gpsd-dev] RFC: GPSd on Android as a system service

From: Gary E. Miller
Subject: Re: [gpsd-dev] RFC: GPSd on Android as a system service
Date: Thu, 2 May 2019 19:51:52 -0700

Yo A.S.!

On Thu, 2 May 2019 20:43:15 -0400
"A.S." <address@hidden> wrote:

> Couple more little ones;

Pushed top git head.

> Fix for altitude wasn't showing in 3d fix;
> https://gitlab.com/uploads/-/system/temp/3811ac0d8e22dd7e1effa2cedb782a48/0001-Android-Apply-location-flags-to-location-after-fully.patch

We try to keep line lengths under 80 chars long.  As in:
    android/hal/Gnss.cpp lines 126+, lines 188+, and more.

> Guess for almanac and ephermis flags;
> https://gitlab.com/uploads/-/system/temp/8895506ec9f758db6d974bbc2ca69249/0002-Android-Set-almanac-and-ephemeris-flags.patch

You have an interesting heuristic.  I looked at the u-blox regressions with
ubxtool.  Once you have elevation and azimuth, you have the Ephemeris.

Makes sense because you computer elevation and azimuth from your
position and the Ephmeris data.

In almost all cases the GPS either has both Almanac and Ephemeris at the
same.  A few cases of startup have the Almanac a few cycles after the
Ephemeris, not worth trying to figure out that narrow window.  Just set
both if you have elevation and azimuth.

Or just set them on all the time as gpsd does not put sats with no
elevation and azimuth in the JSON.

RGDS
GARY
        address@hidden  Tel:+1 541 382 8588