gpsd-dev

Re: [gpsd-dev] current nits

From: Mike Tubby
Subject: Re: [gpsd-dev] current nits
Date: Sun, 30 Jun 2019 03:43:05 +0100

On 30/06/2019 02:35, Greg Troxel wrote:
Mike Tubby <address@hidden> writes:

On 29/06/2019 20:13, Hal Murray wrote:
address@hidden said:
Or writing a shell script to do the sconsclean part instead.
I like that suggestion.
I've never understood why gpsd uses scons in the first place when just
about eveyone else does:

     ./configure
     make
     make install

and

     make clean

works for them...  (runs for the door ... clunk ;-)
Thanks for being my straight man!  In all seriousness, people thought at
the time scons was better, and we're still working through recovering to
get back to what autoconf did, with a healthy dose of denial :-)

If that's the case, surely writing more scripts to do what 'make clean' does correctly doesn't really make sense?

Bite the bullet and switch to autoconf?

Mike