gpsd-dev

Re: [gpsd-dev] Adding additional parameters to gps_data_t structure

From: Greg Troxel
Subject: Re: [gpsd-dev] Adding additional parameters to gps_data_t structure
Date: Fri, 05 Jul 2019 08:50:35 -0400

Sharmila <address@hidden> writes:

> We are using yocto rocko build system . V3.16 is the default version
> which will get selected. As other formal functions are working file,
> we continued using 3.16. Is there any problem in adding velN, velE and
> height parameters in fix_t structure. After adding these parameters
> application is receiving gps_data structure filled with invalid
> data. Please provide some input.

Basically, people here are working on the open source version of gpsd,
for the good of the broader community.  Your changes against 3.16 are
not going to apply cleanly to git master (which is near but already
beyond 3.19).

If you have a need to modify old versions, I'd say you have landed in
the zone of needing to hire a consultant, rather than asking for free
support.