gpsd-dev

Re: ✘GPS WKRO workaround

From: Greg Troxel
Subject: Re: ✘GPS WKRO workaround
Date: Fri, 06 Dec 2019 20:55:36 -0500

"Gary E. Miller" <address@hidden> writes:

> Yo All!
>
> I just pushed a small change to gpsd.  Small except it changed 75
> regressions.
>
> gpsd now takes the current GPS leap second, falling back to the
> compiled in (currently wrong) leap second, and uses that to
> disambiguate the correct GPS epoch, and thus the current date.
>
> This fixes the current issue with some Garmin 18x that thinks it is in
> the last epoch (exactly 1024 weeks ago), and a lot of other NMEA
> receivers with similar problems.
>
> The downside is the 75 older regressions that also get reflected into
> the current GPS epoch.  Seems to me that prioritizing live data
> correctness over old data correctness is the better evil.
>
> Maybe someone will come up with a way to put the correct GPS epoch
> in a regression log.

How are you getting "current GPS leap second"?  From something output
from the receiver, or from the current system clock?

If it's from the receiver, I don't follow why the tests break.

If it's from the current system clock, maybe there needs  to be a
synthetic system clock with the tests, read from a meta file.