gpsd-dev

Re: ✘gpsd.php

From: James Browning
Subject: Re: ✘gpsd.php
Date: Sat, 7 Mar 2020 15:12:23 -0800

On Sat, Mar 7, 2020, 1:54 PM Gary E. Miller <address@hidden> wrote:

> Yo Martin!
>
> On Fri, 6 Mar 2020 21:08:37 -0500
> Martin Boissonneault <address@hidden> wrote:
>
> > There is a bug: at each refresh, the map zoom resets.
>
> Yeah, and I have no idea how to fix that, other than removing the zoom
> widget.  At least the zoom s/b in the config file.

If it were me rewriting it, I would try to intercept changes to the
zoom to store in the local storage before passing them along.
Then when loading try to pull the value from storage and use it.

> > I do, however, really appreciate the extra data displayed like TDOP
> > and SBAS PRN decoding. As you said, the layout needs a bit of
> > tweaking, but I think it's a great improvement over the 3.20 release.
>
> I made the xDOP and epX alpha sort, not ideal.  Hopefully some comes
> up with a way to organize things a bit better.

I would be inclined to store the variables to print in an array and foreach it.

> Maybe some pop-up help for the data items would also be good.  Also the
> skyview should have different shapes for Galileo, GLONASS, etc...

Maybe I should finally merge request hgps[1]? J/k

[1] https://jamesb_fe80.gitlab.io/hgps.htm