gpsd-dev

Re: RINEX update

From: Gary E. Miller
Subject: Re: RINEX update
Date: Wed, 29 Apr 2020 19:14:34 -0700

Yo John!

On Wed, 29 Apr 2020 22:06:11 -0400
John Ackermann N8UR <address@hidden> wrote:

> > The convbin 29.9940000 is pretty much 30.
> > The gpsrines 00.9940000 is pretty much 31.
> >
> > Is the PPP needs 30, then gpsrinex is not providing that.
> >
> > I will look into that.
>
> I thought it was believed at the beginning of this conversation that
> the timetags had to be either 00 or 30, and had to be integers.

Not integers, floats.  Floats close to, or exactly, modulo 30.

> If you look just at the integer part, then gpsrinex is closer.

Yes, but floats are the point, not integers.

> NRCan doesn't seem to think the fractional part is a problem, so that
> would make your hunch seem likely that gpsrinex is out of sync by a
> second, and that may be throwing the processing off.

Yes.  I modified gpsrinex to do what coinvbin does.  Same error.

Snap look: When gpsrinex and gpsrinex are on the same second, the
carrier phase and pseudorange matches between the two.

So ripping things out of gpsrinex until it works or someone
has a better idea.

RGDS
GARY
        address@hidden  Tel:+1 541 382 8588