gpsd-dev

ubxtool - last_statement_identifier functionality

From: Martin Laabs
Subject: ubxtool - last_statement_identifier functionality
Date: Thu, 22 Oct 2020 15:35:32 +0200

Hi,

I currently separate the gps_io class out of the ubxtool to re-utilize it in my program without the opts global variable.

I think there was a plan to filter received messages with the last_statement_identifier member in the ubx class. However, it seems to be not implemented in the ubx class. The ubxtool neither use that functionality.

I certainly need this filtering later to ensure e.g. a VALSET was successful carried out. Since this is only relevant for the msg_decoder method I would like to remove the class member 'last_statement_identifier' and handle the filtering outside the class by e.g. returning the statement_identifier from the decode_msg as well. Does someone expect some adverse side-effects from that?

Best regards,
 Martin