gpsd-dev

Re: gpsinfo

From: James Browning
Subject: Re: gpsinfo
Date: Tue, 16 Mar 2021 15:36:47 -0700

On Tue, Mar 16, 2021, at 3:16 PM Hal Murray <hmurray@megapathdsl.net> wrote:

gem@rellim.com said:
> Perfect.  So, looks like the hang is fixed.  And I see where the error
> message is comming from.  New version pushed to git head.

If your "the error message" is referring to this:
   ./clients/gpsdebuginfo: !=: not found
then you didn't fix it.

Funny, I thought POSIX sh required square brackets not parenthesis for testing stuff for some reason.

There are now a couple of errors from python:
+ python3 -V
Python 3.7.9
+ python3 -c 'import gps;print(gps.__version__)'
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "<string>", line 1, in <module>
AttributeError: module 'gps' has no attribute '__version__'

Huh, that'd be an unsupported third-party library or before 3.18.1 which is essentially unsupported.