gpsd-dev

Re: [Git][gpsd/gpsd][master] Ubuntu has abolished /usr/bin/python, chan

From: Hal Murray
Subject: Re: [Git][gpsd/gpsd][master] Ubuntu has abolished /usr/bin/python, change shebangs to python3.
Date: Tue, 21 Sep 2021 13:42:30 -0700

gem@rellim.com said:
>> The current stuff doesn't build on some systems.
> Umm?  Say what?  First I have heard of this.
> Care to explain?

I thought the thread I was responding to started when Eric discovered that
build didn't work because python wasn't a valid command on some system.

If that has all been sorted out then I apologize for the clutter.

Shortly after my message (probably crossing in the night), Eric pointed out
that installing python-is-python3 solves his problem.

The "Check your installation prerequisites" section of INSTALL.adoc doesn't
mention that.

--
These are my opinions.  I hate spam.