gpsd-dev

Small problem with NMEA feed - satellites_used

From: Nick Taylor
Subject: Small problem with NMEA feed - satellites_used
Date: Tue, 22 Nov 2022 16:47:11 +0000

Yo Gary

As threatened small prob when using the NMEA feed on a particular device. I think their feed is a bit sparse and only includes a couple of GPS phrases...

Attaching log, we get GPS fix fine and I believe also even ntpshmmon data, however satellites_used is reported as 0 from the gps_data_t structure in libgps.

We use this figure to give an indication of GPS performance so it's a pain if missing.

Any ideas? Can it be done?

Many thanks

Nick