gpsd-users

gpsd built, gps.py and ntpsec/ntploggps

From: Michael Byczkowski
Subject: gpsd built, gps.py and ntpsec/ntploggps
Date: Sun, 21 Feb 2021 15:57:25 +0100

Hi,

I’ve built gpsd from source on my Raspberry Pi’s Debian Buster, everything went
very smooth, I’m just stuck with the Python progs:
Finally, Ive figured out, how to make gps.py accessible for all user by
creating a file /usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/gps.pth with the contents
'/usr/local/lib/python3/dist-packages’, so far so good.
Now ntpsec’s ntploggps still breaks with 'can't find Python GPSD library’; any
ideas?

Thanks,
        Michael

P.S.: It would be great to include the topic of setting PYTHONPATH in greater
length in the build/install doc, to avoid issues like 'ubxtool: failed to
import gps, check PYTHONPATH’, and help me making PYTHONPATH persistent across
sessions and users, thank you!