gpsd-users

Re: gpsd built, gps.py and ntpsec/ntploggps

From: Charles Curley
Subject: Re: gpsd built, gps.py and ntpsec/ntploggps
Date: Sun, 21 Feb 2021 09:52:08 -0700

On Sun, 21 Feb 2021 15:57:25 +0100
Michael Byczkowski <by@by-online.de> wrote:

> I’ve built gpsd from source on my Raspberry Pi’s Debian Buster,
> everything went very smooth,

From which source? The rasbian gpsd package source, the git repository
source, or something completely different?

In any case, the standard advice around here seems to be: remove with
extreme prejudice any gpsd packages and their sources and any files
they may have created or installed ("apt purge... "). Then bring in the
git repo and compile that.

> Finally, Ive figured out, how to make gps.py accessible for all user
> by creating a file /usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/gps.pth with the
> contents '/usr/local/lib/python3/dist-packages’, so far so good. Now
> ntpsec’s ntploggps still breaks with 'can't find Python GPSD
> library’; any ideas?

I vaguely remember something about a Python path problem. Does anyone
have a clearer memory than I do?

--
Does anybody read signatures any more?

https://charlescurley.com