gpsd-users

Re: NTP via tcp NMEA feed

From: Nick Taylor
Subject: Re: NTP via tcp NMEA feed
Date: Thu, 20 Oct 2022 17:03:45 +0100

Yo Gary

Some good news some bad...

I ran a test using NMEA tcp feed at different site (different customer - most likely completely different hardware) and we see NTP feed fine in ntpshmmon

It's a bit difficult to run the debug here as we have limited ssh access to the site.

Just a thought... I have seen the config page for one of these devices and there is selection of which NMEA phrases should get delivered in the tcp feed. I don't think we can get this altered as clients have set things up for other on board equipment, not just for us. My point is that quite possibly gpsd would function fine if it was directly connected to the gps device - or had the full feed. I'm aware that it's tested in a lot of different configurations...

Maybe it's not worth killing ourselves over this if it is due to something strange with this particular feed... Anyhow...
Maybe a problem with the received message order??

I'll just pushed some log changes to git that may, or may not, shed
some light here.

Attached please find new log using your latest version.

Hope this throws more light as you hoped...

Cheers

Nick