gpsd-users

Re: Still not getting any response from GPSD

From: Gary E. Miller
Subject: Re: Still not getting any response from GPSD
Date: Sun, 7 May 2023 13:21:38 -0700

Yo Chas!

On Sun, 7 May 2023 06:28:31 -1000
Chas Douglass <chas.douglass@gmail.com> wrote:

> I'm way out of my depth here, but as I previously posted, my system
> shows that same pattern of both systemd and gpsd listening on my
> Ubuntu system and it works correctly.  gpsd is running and I can
> connect to socket 2947 and receive data.

You have systemd runnong on the IPV6 port 2947, and gpsd runnong
on the IPv4 port 2947.  So what you see depends on if you conenct
with IPv4 or IPv6.  Not good.

It looks you you are staring gpsd by systemd*umb), and also not by
systemd(umb).  Not good.

Please run gpsddebuginfo and send is the results.  YOu can find that here:

https://gpsd.io/gpsdebuginfo

RGDS
GARY
        gem@rellim.com  Tel:+1 541 382 8588