gpsd-users

Re: Coordinates of AIS targets

From: Gary E. Miller
Subject: Re: Coordinates of AIS targets
Date: Mon, 8 May 2023 14:50:30 -0700

Yo Владимир!

On Tue, 9 May 2023 00:37:06 +0300
Владимир Калачихин <v.kalachikhin@gmail.com> wrote:

> 09.05.2023 00:11, Gary E. Miller пишет:
> > Is that different than you last one?  If so, how?  Which is best to
> > use?
>
> Yes, they are different.
> First, I get real data from
> https://www.digitraffic.fi/en/marine-traffic/ so vessels and
> coordinates are different.
> Second, digitrafficAIyiwS.log has 16'th and 27'th sentences, but
> digitrafficAIS27.log the 27'th only.

I went with the 1st one you sent digitrafficAIS.log

> And - this is a synthetic AIS flow, and it may have bugs.

gpsd decodes what is there, so if you did not encode with your thought
you did, gpsd will still decode it, I hope, correctly.

If you have a better sample, send it along, but now it is in git, I'll
prolly keep the new one.

RGDS
GARY
        gem@rellim.com  Tel:+1 541 382 8588