gpsd-users

Re: u-blox : layers are confusing me

From: Hans Mayer
Subject: Re: u-blox : layers are confusing me
Date: Sat, 20 May 2023 22:57:54 +0200

Yo Gary, et al,

> ... The "layer" in VAL_SET is not an integer like you are thinking, it is a bit map.....

Ok, this I didn't realise. Now is everything clear.  Is this described anywhere? I didn't see it. But probably it is.

I understand, "0" as bitmap does nothing.

But why is parameter "1" in ubxtool changing layer 0 which is RAM ?

It must be:

        0 - nothing
        1 - set layer 0 (ram)
        2 - set layer 1 (bbr)
        3 - set layers 0 and 1
        4 - set layer 2 (flash)
        5 = set layers 0 and 2
        6 - set layers 1 and 2
        7 - set layers 0, 1, 2

>... Spend some quality time reading Section 5.3 of this

I did, not only once, but didn't find the answer.

> ... Does my explanation above help? ...

Absolut. Gary, your help is always extremely helpful.

Kind regards

Hans