gpsd-users

Re: GPS data from multiple android GPS sources over UDP

From: Gary E. Miller
Subject: Re: GPS data from multiple android GPS sources over UDP
Date: Thu, 25 May 2023 17:02:22 -0700

Yo Debashisha!

On Thu, 25 May 2023 22:08:44 +0200 (CEST)
Debashisha Mishra <debashisha.mishra@univ-lorraine.fr> wrote:

> My setup includes one smartphone from which I send the GPS
> coordinates using GPSD clients and one PC where I run the GPSD daemon
> as shown in below picture.

I only see a screen shot.  Is that the "picture" you mean?

You are using gpsd version 3.20 which is over 3 years old.  We are
not a large enough project to support old version.  Can you try with
gpsd 3.25?  Or git head?

> It works fine when I use * instead of the
> phone IP address (192.168.1.30) i.e., gpsd -Nn udp://*:12345 just
> works great and catch all the incoming GPS data.

Harder to debug with just that data.  And the udp code has changed in
gpsd since then.

But I think you misundertand what the ip in "udp://{IP}:12345" does.  That
is the "listening" address.  The Address of your gpsd host.  Not the
address of your sender.

I would show you how the error message tells you that, but to do that I
need the text of the log, not a "picture" os the log.

RGDS
GARY
        gem@rellim.com  Tel:+1 541 382 8588