gpsd-users

gpsfake - update log file while running?

From: Andreas B
Subject: gpsfake - update log file while running?
Date: Fri, 14 Jul 2023 09:06:40 +0200

Hi all,

I'm creating nmea sentences from an external service, running gpsfake
and starting up clients that connect to the gpsd daemon (launched by
gpsfake).

Every couple of minutes the input log file that gpsfake reads, will be updated.
I have to kill gpsfake every time there is an update to the logfile,
so that the new nmea will be served.

In the gpsfake docs, I don't see an option for 'watching' the logfile
for any changes.

Any suggestions how I could do this better?

Best,
Andreas