gpsd-users

Re: gpsfake - update log file while running?

From: Andreas B
Subject: Re: gpsfake - update log file while running?
Date: Mon, 24 Jul 2023 21:05:08 +0200

Gary,

This is great, thank you!

I ended up using socat, which seems to work nice.

I first tried connecting gpsd to 'localhost', without any luck
("connection refused", see log entries below).
When I tried '127.0.0.1', it connected successfully.

Any thoughts why connecting to 'localhost' does not work?

Log:

[...]
gpsd:WARN: PACKET: packet_get(7) errno: Connection refused(111)
gpsd:INFO: CORE: tcp://localhost:4444 returned error -1 ( 0.000042990
sec since data)
gpsd:WARN: CORE: device read of tcp://localhost:4444 returned error or
packet sniffer failed sync (flags {ERROR})
gpsd:INFO: CORE: closing tcp://localhost:4444, fd 7
[...]

Best,
Andreas