grammatica-users

Re: [Grammatica-users] Questions about Parsers

From: Per Cederberg
Subject: Re: [Grammatica-users] Questions about Parsers
Date: Wed, 20 Apr 2005 08:46:35 +0200

On 2005-04-19 D. R. E. Moonfire  wrote:
>And I'm trying to get everything into a single string, without bothering
>to write an entire PL/SQL grammar for Grammatica. Yeah, it would be
>great, but more work than I have time for. I tried creating a big
>token-like token
>
>   ORACLE_CODE_BLOCK = <<REFERENCING.*?END;>>

The problem here is surely that . matches all characters *except*
linefeeds. So, you'd write it like this instead:

ORACLE_CODE_BLOCK = <<REFERENCING(.|\n|\r)*?END;>>

>Also, thanks for a great parser. I actually ended up making a Debian
>package out of it because I was using it so much. Had to use the 1.5
>version just to get the case insensitive stuff.

Cool! Please note that Grammatica 1.5 hasn't been released yet, so what
you'll find in CVS is actually version 1.5.pre1 or something.

Cheers,

/Per