[Groff] Did we get the BAGEL worm?

From: Meg McRoberts
Subject: [Groff] Did we get the BAGEL worm?
Date: Mon, 19 Jan 2004 22:10:28 -0800 (PST)

Hi all,
I just received email from address@hidden entitled [Groff]Hi.
I think this may contain the BAGLE worm.  I don't think
this affects Linux boxes, but if you happened to open the
.exe file on a Windows box, you may be infected.

I work for Trend Micro and just set email to the malware
detection people about this.  This isn't a terribly destructive
worm as far as we know -- it is mostly going to generate a whole
lot of SMTP traffic and chew up bandwidth.

I suspect all the antivirus vendors have patterns for this right
now.  I know there is more information at www.trendmicro.com and
a free utility to clean your system.

meg