Re: [Groff] win32 experiences?

From: Jorgen Grahn
Subject: Re: [Groff] win32 experiences?
Date: Wed, 27 Oct 2004 23:55:19 +0200

On Wed Oct 27 22:47:59 2004, address@hidden wrote:
> Alas, I have been forced to delete linux and switch to winbl0ze (if you

At gunpoint, or just corporate policy? ;-)

> Anyhow, what are your experiences with groff on win32 and what binary
> URLs would you suggest?

Plain cygwin (http://.../setup.exe and so on) worked fine last time I tried.
Although I suspect it lags behind with respect to recent groff releases.

> My only positive experience with win32 groff so far was with a clean
> compile with help of cygwin (everything ran normal, just had to dl win32
> joe editor because of the pesky CRLF pairs :-))

I cannot recall having problems with that (i.e. cygwin's groff not liking
CRLF endings). On the other hand, cygwin's CRLF handling is a bit
unpredictable...

/Jorgen

--
  // Jörgen Grahn                  ¡Vamos a Tuva y Ross!
\X/ <address@hidden>