Re: [Groff] Spanish and hyphenation.

From: Alejandro López-Valencia
Subject: Re: [Groff] Spanish and hyphenation.
Date: Wed, 02 Feb 2005 18:52:00 -0500

I'm having many problems with the hyphenation on my spanish writtings.
I would like to know about if there's other people witting on spanish
who had same problems or some solution.

I'm learning abotu -ms. With -Thmtl I hasn't problems, but on -T ps
I'm not able to stop hyphenation :(
Hi Iago,

You'll find the relevant documentation by typing "info '(groff)Manipulating Hyphenation'" at your terminal...

This is what I use:

.\" eshyph.tmac
.\"
.hla es
.hy 14
.hcode á a é e í i ó o ú u ü u ñ n
.hpf eshyph.tex

This file is located in /usr/share/groff/site-tmac and the referenced file is an *unmodified* copy of the CervanTeX Spanish hyphenation patterns file, version 4.0a. This file is available in the CTAN mirrors and probably in your system if you have teTeX installed. In the latter case, you can just use the full path to avoid copying it to the site-tmac directory (most probable location: /usr/share/texmf/tex/generic/hyphen/eshyph.tex).

To activate Spanish hyphenation you either:

1. Include a line at the top of the file:
.mso eshyphen.tmac

2. Load it in the command line *after* the main macro package:

   groff -ms -meshyph blah.tr | ps2pdf14 -dPDFSETTINGS=/prepress - blah.pdf