[Groff] Line fragments with .TS and .PSPIC

From: Frank A. Greco
Subject: [Groff] Line fragments with .TS and .PSPIC
Date: Sat, 20 Aug 2005 08:16:40 -0400 (EDT)

Hi.

I've been using groff and tbl with FreeBSD 4.2.  Whenever I insert
a table or an image, there seems to be a hard carriage return that
prints out a line fragment instead of carrying that text to be filled
with the next line of input after the table.  The only way I've found
to get around this problem is to print the document, determine what
line fragments appear before the table, and to move that fragment to
be part of the next line of input after the table. This works but is
a real nuisance.  Is this unique to FreeBSD or does this happen with
Linux as well?  Are there any better solutions?  Thanks.

Frank Greco