Re: [Groff] Diversion of formatted text

From: Miklos Somogyi
Subject: Re: [Groff] Diversion of formatted text
Date: Thu, 27 Apr 2006 23:53:39 +1000

On 26/04/2006, at 4:33 PM, Werner LEMBERG wrote:

By the way, since you have installed the .device and .devicem
things, how can one get to use them?

`.devicem' is exactly the same as \Y, but `.device' reads its
arguments in `copy mode' (which \X doesn't; in most cases this doesn't
make any difference).

    Werner

I suspect that `.devicem' is not a macro that one defines outside the binary of groff
and uses it happily.
I suspect that it is something new in the binary.

If so, I need to re-phrase the question: how and where from and in what form can someone get hold of the new binary. E.g. those, like me, still on the original Mac groff diet, without compilers, etc. Do I have to upgrade to Tiger, do I have to get whatever compilers, etc and running make on sources or
a .dmg file needs to be downloaded/installed.

I.e. I don't know how address@hidden handles the distribution of improved things.
Does one have to wait for the next official release?

Miklos