Re: <OK> Re: [Groff] Refer Usage Question

From: Joerg van den Hoff
Subject: Re: <OK> Re: [Groff] Refer Usage Question
Date: Wed, 12 Jul 2006 15:49:53 +0200

M Bianchi wrote:
On Wed, Jul 12, 2006 at 02:52:02PM +0200, Joerg van den Hoff wrote:
        :
and while I'm writing anyway: does anybody know how to handle the following situation:

source:
========
Miller et al.
.[
miller01
.]
did it wrong and John Doe, too.
.[
Doe02
.]

result:
=======
Miller et al[2]. did it wrong and John Doe, too[2].

I use the "move-punctuation" refer command so that references at sentence ends are moved before the point. in the above example the same, of course, happens at the abbreviation and it's not desired there.

question: is there a way to enforce individually whether the reference is moved or not (i.e. can one overrule the 'move-punctuation' command on a per-reference basis)?

Try
        Miller et al.\&

 \&  is a non-printing, zero-width character.

yes, that does the trick (should have thought of set solution myself, shame on me). thank you very much

joerg