Re: [Groff] groff -mm output something I don't expect

From: Tadziu Hoffmann
Subject: Re: [Groff] groff -mm output something I don't expect
Date: Sat, 15 Nov 2008 22:59:46 +0100

> By the way, after reading code of  mmt macro, I have found an *ugly* way
> to disable this feature, disabling macro )k that generates the output of
> two short  bars. The problem is many  other macros use )k,  I don't know
> what other feature  will be broken by doing this.  Could you please tell
> me a correct method?

This macro does nothing *except* draw the cut marks, and it
is called only from a few places.  Since it has no intended
side effects, replacing it with an empty macro is indeed a
"correct" solution.  If you're worried about messing up the
spacing, then you should simply replace the ".tl" line with
one that doesn't draw anything:

  .tl ''''