Re: [Groff] Signaling diagrams?

From: Larry Kollar
Subject: Re: [Groff] Signaling diagrams?
Date: Wed, 26 Nov 2008 10:20:22 -0500

Jon Snader wrote:

Is there a program to generate signdling diagrams out there? I sure could use one right now

What kind of signaling diagrams? Trains, cells, ...? For some applications, I've found Graphviz makes an excellent front end to pic (or you can generate ps, etc. directly).

Telephony signaling or provisioning flows. RFC3261 has some examples (the first on page 12). A more complex example, pretty much as big as anything I'd have to deal with, is on page 30 of http:// www.cablelabs.com/specifications/PKT-SP-PROV1.5-I03-070412.pdf

I'll have Graphviz a look-see too, thanks.

-- Larry