Re: [Groff] Introduction to groff in french

From: Bertrand Garrigues
Subject: Re: [Groff] Introduction to groff in french
Date: Thu, 11 Dec 2014 00:43:18 +0100

Hi Peter,

On Thu, Nov 20 2014 at 02:48:55 AM, Peter Schaffter <address@hidden> wrote:
> Bertrand --
>
> On Wed, Nov 19, 2014, Bertrand Garrigues wrote:
>> So I've written a very simple example with Mom in French with a
>> step-by-step explanation on Ubuntu's French documentation page.
>> Could I commit it into contrib/mom/examples so that I could refer
>> to this file in the Ubuntu article?
>
> Go for it.  Couple of small changes, though.
[...]

I was about to commit my example, however I ran into a problem.  When I
generate the pdf with pdfmom -k, I have a few "can't translate character
code 233 to special character `'e' in transparent throughput" errors but
the output is fine.

However, the .mom files in contrib/mom/examples are generated with
LC_ALL=C; this causes more "can't translate character code[...]"
errors and this time the output is incorrect (é and è letters are not
correctly displayed).

I've noticed that the example letter.mom -- that also contains
accentec letters -- is correctly generated.  The difference is that my
doc has accented letters in HEADINGS or other macros.

Attached my original .mom file.

Thanks for your help,

Bertrand Garrigues